One Lovely Blog & Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Posted September 4, 2012on:
A couple of weeks ago BentOnBetterLunches nominated me for the One Lovely Blog & Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Thank YOU, Cristi! Cristi’s blog, BentOnBetterLunches, was a HUGE inspiration to me as a new blogger when I found it. She has an amazing gift for styling food and color for bright, happy lunches and her gifted composition of food photography. You can see her creations here by clicking on the button.
The Rules for accepting this award are:
- Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
7 Things About Me You Might Not Know
1. I grew up in a small, rural town in Minnesota. I am a small town girl at heart. I love the pace, variety and adventure of big cities, but I’m happiest when I am surrounded by familiar faces and places. I love that I can go almost anywhere in town, and I’m never in the car for more than 15-20 minutes.
2. I love to travel. Seeing and exploring new places never gets old to me. I have hundreds spots on my “Places to visit” list. If money were no object, I’d be visiting a different place each month.
3. I love comedy. If I’m ever having a bad day, I watch or read something funny and it turns my day around. As a parent, it really helps to be able to laugh in the middle of frustrating situations, and puts things into perspective. In the big picture, the things that sometimes upset us aren’t really that important in life. Laugh them off.
4. I was not always interested in cooking. My mother is a gifted cook who was always trying to teach me. For years she explained and taught us while she was cooking. Now I’m wishing I had been a better listener. Over the years, I’ve become a great cook by trying all kinds of new things and making TONS of mistakes.
5. I went to school for Broadcast Journalism. I was always fascinated by writing, poetry, the English language and story telling. My degree is in Broadcasting, but I’ve never been on live television. When I graduated from school, I decided that reporting on the local stories wasn’t really all it cracked up to be. The hours and the pay were also terrible so I went into sales and marketing right out of college.
6. I adore old jazz. I am a music fanatic. Ella Fitzgerald is my all time favorite singer. Nothing makes me happier than to listen to an old Gershwin or Cole Porter song. I have many modern favorites too, but I am an old soul when it comes to old school jazz.
7. I am a night owl. I was born late at night, and my mother claims I’ve been awake late ever since then. Even though I’m up early most days, I do my best work and creative thinking late in the evenings after everyone else is asleep.
15 Food Bloggers I admire in no particular order. They are not all vegan as I gather inspiration from everywhere.
12. JL Goes Vegan
13. daisy selalu
14. Obento Momma
4 Blogs get honorable mention here only because they’re already rock stars in the vegan food world. But seriously, amazing recipes from these talented women who have saved me many nights!
17. Fat Free Vegan
18. Oh She Glows
19. Happy Herbivore